Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Fashion & Beauty Ethos: Fur Vests; Love It Or Leave It?

 [source]
After having heinous faux fur vest experience at one of my favorite stores, I was against the whole fur vest movement. Looking back on it, I think I over-styled the outfit. My hair was too big [I really felt like a lion with the hair and the vest], and the outfit too busy for a piece that commands that much attention. 

However after seeing it on a few people, worn different ways, I think I am better equipped to revisit the trend. What I love about fur vests is that it really can up the ante on skinny jeans and a tee, flowy bohemian maxi dreses, and even slouchy boyfriend jeans and a plain white hubby beater. 
For more of a funky look you can wear one open with a flirty skirt and a long sleeve shirt. Or you can belt it, throw on some leggings, boots, and a plain long sleeve shirt for a chic, yet effortless look. I definitely recommend taking cues from Kelly by keeping the pieces simple, and the patterns to a minimum because you really want the vest to take center stage. 
Again I love how Ciara kept the silhouette clean by belting the vest and opting for a monochromatic color palette. For more of stylized, edgy look, you can leave the vest open and throw on some leather driving gloves, or 5-finger half gloves like these at Patricia Fields:
Arlenis wears her fur vest with military inspired pants, and buckle boots which gives this look a chic, utilitarian feel.

The good thing about this trend is that it is accessible on every budget. The vests pictured above are all under $89, however you can find them even cheaper at the stores mentioned below! - Remember if you pick up one of these to keep the silhouette clean, accessories & hair simple, and the color play to a minimum to help you nail the look!
$18-$35
Forever 21 
H&M 

$65-85
Zara 
Bebe
Anthropologie 
Are you feeling the Fur Vest trend?




Follow MTM on Twitter | Add MTM on Bloglovin'Like MTM on Facebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive